Wednesday 24 October 2012

Schwimmwagen Part 2.

Work progresses well. I've made up some sub assemblies and fitted in the engine bulkhead. I say fitted but it isn't a good fit at all. Terrible large gaps all around between the bottom hull and the bulkhead part. Glued the two halves together and fine adjusted the bulkhead to suit the best it could. I do not like filling and sanding, it is my least liked modelling task but i have made a start at filling in the gaps.


Not a lot to show for my efforts here. I am going to stop messing around with filler and cut plasticard templates to suit the insides of the vehicle and cover them over for a smoother look. I will spend just as long filling and sanding as i will cutting out exact parts to fit. This is why i don't do aircraft models, all those fuselage seams, aircraft modellers i salute you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.