Tuesday 11 June 2013

Churchill Crocodile update.
I've managed quite a bit of progress in the last few evenings. Hatches are now in place, I've started the detail painting of the pioneer tools and finished the painting of the exhaust pipe. Tracks are about half way through painting. Not bad going, if i do say so myself. Got the impetus to finish this now.
I have added some filters to the trailer. I usually mixed up my own filters but this time i thought i'd try a ready mixed one. I bought the Sin Industries 'Allied filter set' and i'm not disappointed. Very good depth of colour and quick drying too. I used all 3 filters in the set to see the results. Green for light green, Brown for dark green and grey for bright green. That's a lot of green!
Here are some photo's of the progress so far.

Exhaust painted and fitted. I doubt very much it would be this rusty but i'm claiming artistic licence on this one.

Turret with hatches added.


Driver figure added. He came as a full figure in the kit but a bit of chopping and he's driving it now.

Where am i going?

Tools underway with detail painting.

Trailer with first filter added.

Wheels for the trailer. Painted and the start of the weathering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.